Styling a mid century Christmas table just got easier. Thanks to West Elm, we’ve got two ideas for elevating your holiday table without compromising on mid mod style.
Casual Mid Century Christmas Table
Inspired by the mid century’s clean lines and bold colors, this setting is perfect for a low-key dinner party. Rather that cramming the table with overly seasonal decor, it allows the ambiance of the season to take center stage. The best part? This look is easy to pull together with things you already have!
From West Elm:
- Mix, don’t match! Stack up durable stoneware in complementary terra cotta + blue.
- Serve up one-dish dinners in roomy, shallow bowls to reduce spills and make it easy to eat in your lap.
- Dried botanicals in vibrant vases make wallet-friendly arrangements that will last all through the season. We paired autumn ferns with faceted teal porcelain for contrast.
- Tie the look together with a spark of poppy geometric prints on napkins + coasters.
Elegant-Meets-Modern Mid Century Christmas Table
Do you prefer a more formal holiday? Set a table that would look right at home on the set of a 1950’s Christmas movie with the help of metallics. Touches of retro patterns keep it period, while mixed metals give it a modern elegant spin. we’d suggest pairing this setting with your finest cocktail attire.
From West Elm:
- You can’t go wrong with gold-plated dinnerware: it’s a classic for a reason. Make it modern by pairing it with gold flatware to up the ante.
- This table’s twist on traditional lies in the unexpected scale of the centerpiece. Look for a long arching branch to create an artful moment, focusing on two colors like green and burgundy.
- A neutral palette of white, cream, gold and silver keeps this look clean and polished.